Christ Community Church and COVID-19 (Coronavirus 19)
There is much concern over the recent outbreak of the Corona virus around the world and we at CCC are concerned as well. We continue to monitor the situation daily, seeking guidance from the national, state and local levels of government and, above all else, from the Holy Spirit.
At this point in time, we remain open for services. The situation around the world is a call for prayer. It’s also a call for sensible precautions. Concerning our services, we offer these guidelines:
Please stay home if:
- You are not feeling well
- You have been in close contact with someone who is not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath
- You feel you are at exceptional risk due to age, chronic medical condition, or other factors
For those attending, please follow these precautions:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly (follow the 20 second rule)
- Be friendly, but please refrain from physical contact such as handshakes, fist bumps and hugs.
- Avoid touching your face
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizer located throughout the church
Let’s look for opportunities to show God’s love to others during this challenging time and remember the exhortation by the Apostle Paul, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
More information pertaining to this virus and how to stay safe can be found on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/